The detector assembly is one of the most critical assemblies in any electro-optical system. It is often considered the highest risk assembly and proper design and application can provide orders of magnitude improvement to system performance. SDL designs and fabricates detector assemblies for aerospace, military, and industrial applications. Heritage detector assembly designs include many types of electro-optical sensors, CCDs, CMOS, and IR imaging focal planes.
- Experienced engineers for stringent mission requirements
- Adaptable designs for custom optical-mechanical structures
- Proven designs for detector thermal isolation
- Flexible interfaces such as RS-232/422/485, CameraLink, SpaceWire, and MIL-STD-1553B
- On-site environmental qualification facilities (Vibe/TVAC/EMI/EMC)
- On-site calibration facilities and engineers
Origins Spectral Interpretation Resource Identification Security Regolith Explorer
OSIRIS REx is a NASA New Frontiers mission to return a sample of an asteroid to the Earth. SDL designed, built and tested the detector electronics assemblies for the three OSIRIS-REx Camera Suite (OCAM) instruments.
Ionospheric Connection Explorer
NASA’s Ionospheric Connection Explorer (ICON) mission will explore how both terrestrial and space weather affect conditions in the ionosphere.