Passive and active thermal coupling and decoupling of electro-optical sensor and GSE components enables cool down rate control of sensitive optical elements and reduces parasitics in redundant cryocooler designs. SDL is proficient in design, fabrication, and testing of active and passive differential CTE thermal switches tailored to specific thermal needs.
- High reliability differential CTE designs
- Operation from ambient to cryogenic temperatures
- Active and passive design
- Zero heat dissipation (passive)
- Command able (active)
- Normally open and closed design
- Latchable HOP actuated Cyrogenic Latching Instrument Connector (CLIC)
Cyrogenic Latching Instrument Connector
CLIC is a remotely-operated device that provides active, inexpensive thermal switch capabilities when combined with SDL’s thermal links. It does not require power when latched and is suitable for cryogenic environments.
Geosynchronous Imaging Fourier Transform Spectrometer
GIFTS was successfully tested and calibrated as an engineering demonstration unit to ground-validate technologies critical to NOAA’s Hyperspectral Environmental Suite for the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES) system.